Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

My Top 10 Oracle Deck/Tarot Deck Combinations

One of my favorite methods of doing readings is a combo method I came up with. I draw an Oracle card as a topic card, asking "What do I need to know right now?" Then I draw three Tarot cards to get more information about the topic or message brought up by the Oracle card. I also draw a Rune, asking "What else do I need to know?"

This combination method is really great for when you're not doing so great and need a message but aren't sure what to ask. Using the three different tools helps make sure you don't just see what you want to see, but see the actual messages. If the three tools are all saying similar or coordinating messages, then you can be sure you're not just seeing what you want to see.

This method really helped me a lot. Using this style of reading, I was able to get myself out of a very deep rut I had been in while dealing with coping with chronic illness.

I like to use decks that have similar or related themes. I looked at my collection of Tarot and Oracle decks and combined those that had similar themes and seem to work well together. Here is a list of combinations I really love. They are in no particular order.

  1. Witchlings/Joie de Vivre Tarot
  2. Oracle of Shadows and Light/Happy Tarot or The Deviant Moon Tarot
  3. Oracle of the Shapeshifters/Tarot of the Magical Forest or The Animal Wisdom Tarot
  4. The Faerie Guidance Oracle/Paulina Tarot
  5. The Ceccoli Oracle/The Ceccoli Tarot
  6. Earth Magic Oracle/The Gaian Tarot
  7. The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Oracle/The Wild Unknown Tarot
  8. Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle/The Crystal Visions Tarot
  9. The Transparent Oracle/The Transparent Tarot by Emily Carding
  10. Oracle of the Mermaids/The Shadowscapes Tarot
Honorable mentions go to:

  • The Oracle of Visions/Legacy of the Divine Tarot or The Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore 
  • Froud's Faery Oracles (either/both)/The Wild Unknown Tarot or The Runes
  • Oracle of the Dragonfae/Fantastical Creatures Tarot
  • The Faery Forest Oracle/ The Tarot of Trees
Do you have any divination tools you like to use together? Feel free to share in the comments.


Please also consider joining me on Tumblr  and Pinterest.
renarassacredspace.tumblr.com

https://www.pinterest.com/RenaraTarot/
Pinterest app: @RenaraTarot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.