Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Card of the Day Practice by Christiana Gaudet

Christiana Gaudet wrote an excellent technique here for a Card of the Day practice. I’ve been using it, albeit not every day. I’ve REALLY enjoyed this CotD practice better than any other one I’ve seen. Since I’m at home most days, with not a lot going on, predictive CotD practices don’t really work for me. They also have increased my anxiety on occasion. This technique works really well for me. This technique could also be used for Oracle cards, Runes, many different forms of divination, maybe even the day’s numerology.

“Simply choose a time of day (usually in the morning or evening) to pull one card. You can write about it or you can meditate on it, or just think about it.

Don’t think of it as predictive, as much as instructive.

How is this card currently present in your life?

Do you want it to be present it your life, or is this an energy you need to mitigate?

What advice does this card give you for the day?

Taking a few moments every day to be mindful with tarot will give insight and grounding, and will sharpen your tarot skills!” (By Christiana Gaudet)

As I really enjoy working with crystals and stones also, I thought it would be great to choose 1-3 stones to either support or mitigate the energy of the CotD when using this technique. A neat way to add some energetic support or mitigation for the energy of the day’s card (Oracle card, Rune, number, etc).

Do you draw a Card of the Day? Do you find it useful? What technique do you use? Please feel free to share in the comments.


Please consider also joining me on Tumblr and Pinterest.
renarassacredspace.tumblr.com

www.pinterest.com/RenaraTarot
Pinterest app: @RenaraTarot

1 comment:

  1. I only do that sometimes. My most significant draw was after my mom died and it was the moon card. I meditated on that for weeks; an earlier reading that I made an important life decision on foretold of disaster (the tower, and lots of other cards.)

    I knew my dad was dying, but not my mom. So this echoed my concerns about moving away too soon. I decided to delay that. The reader then pulled a star card because she was so upset by the reading and told me it would mean things would look up eventually-- I would shine (paraphrase.) They did, and I do not regret my decision to stay and be a caregiver. Never will.

    The moon I never quite figured out, but it helped me get going on some projects I associated with the moon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.