Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Resting today...

I'm resting again today. The day before yesterday was a long and activity filled day. For someone like me, with chronic illness, busy days take a lot out of me. It was a good day spent with my hubby, but a long day. I also had an big food reaction that evening that made me feel awful, develop a migraine, and has left me feeling weak and shaky yesterday and  today. I'm still not sure what caused it, but it happened. I have some meds and supplements that I can take when that happens and they help, but it takes time and doesn't necessarily fully eliminate the reaction or its after effects.

How I'm feeling helps determine which crystals and stones I choose to work and meditate with that day. With waking up feeling weak, shaky, and exhausted yesterday I chose some stones to help support me and hopefully gently shift away how I'm feeling physically. I chose Charoite, Selenite, and a combination stone I call KGGM for what it's made of, Blue Kyanite, Galena, Garnet, and Mica. I have found that the KGGM is excellent for my post-exertional relapse/debility days when I'm feeling awful after a busy day. The combination seems to foster rest as well as gentle support for the exhaustion. I recently acquired a piece of Charoite, which is a lovely purple and black swirly looking stone. Charoite is supposed to help with exhaustion, among other things. It also feels gently supportive. On these types of days I need energy and supportive energy, but higher energy stones can be a little overwhelming with how I'm feeling. I also worked with a lovely selenite wand I have. I included the selenite because this specific piece has a drawing off type of feel to it. It seems to help draw off some of the low energy and exhaustion that I'm feeling. It seems to promote some energetic movement, which seems to help combat the stagnation of the post-exertional exhaustion.



How I work with the stones is pretty simple. I choose a stone or multiple stones that supports what I'm doing or needing that day. This is often done intuitively based on stones that I'm drawn to. I also choose stones by looking them up in my Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. I choose one or a few stones that suit my purpose. I often do some meditation with them, which for me means sitting quietly with my eyes closed while I hold the stones and focus on my breathing for a while. I allow whatever thoughts that come to come. I might set the stones on my altar or place them in a small bowl I have on my nightstand. Nothing too difficult...

Today I'm feeling a little bit better, albeit still a bit shaky and weak. I chose to use my small Tourmalines, Peridot, Citrine, and Rutilated Quartz. I have several small Tourmalines in red, pink, green, blue, purple, and black. They help with energy movement and cleansing. The Peridot helps with detoxification and energy. The Citrine and Rutilated Quartz are higher energy stones that boost energy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.