Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Oracle of Shadows and Light deck interview spread

I've decided that I really want to use my Tarot and Oracle decks more regularly. To that end, I'm going to post some deck interview spreads here with my various decks. I decided to do this instead of deck reviews. There's lots of deck reviews available for just about every deck out there, on blogs, YouTube, etc. I think this will be a fun way to show a few cards from the deck while giving some insight into the "personality" of the deck. I researched deck interview spreads and decided on creating a personal one from what I think are important things to know about any deck. I do believe that decks have their own unique personalities that come from the theme and the author.

This week I've been using the Oracle of Shadows and Light as my daily draw oracle deck. I figured this deck would be a good place to start with my deck interview spreads. :-) This deck is by Lucy Cavendish, artwork by Jasmine Becket-Griffith. The deck box describes this deck as "quirky, haunting, and shadowy-sweet." I'd say that is a spot on description. The messengers in this deck include "grumpy fairies, sassy witches, cheeky ghosts, and brazen beings." This oracle deck is one of my favorites and I find myself returning to it again and again.

My deck interview spread is fairly simple. I ask four questions. What should I know about your personality and characteristics as a deck? What are your strengths as a deck? What are your weaknesses as a deck? What types of readings do you prefer to do/answer?

Here's a picture of the deck interview spread I did with the Oracle of Shadows and Light.


What should I know about your personality?
Card 5 Out Trick-Or-Treating; We're heee-eeere!
     I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I saw this card come up to answer this question. This is the personality of this deck to a tee. We're here! This deck answers what you need to hear and how you need to hear it. It speaks, loud and clear.

What are your strengths as a deck?
Card 41 Nautilus Princess; Powerful personal growth
     Can't get much clearer than that. This deck is one that has helped me so much, especially lately, with my personal growth.

What are your weaknesses as a deck?
Card 37 Candy Cane Angel; It's time for a treat!
     I had to take some time to think about this one a bit. I read the card description in the accompanying book several times. The meaning of this finally came clear. This deck's weakness is "indulgence." This deck tends a bit towards indulging the questioner. It says what needs to be said, but sometimes tells us what we want to hear. Maybe a better way of saying that is it tells us what we need to know, but in a way we want to hear it.

What types of readings do you prefer to do/answer?
Card 31 Lady with a Bosch Egg; Ancient wisdom
     This deck seems to like to do readings that help address the past or past issues that are currently affecting us, deeper issues. I've found this to be true. I'm often drawn to this deck when my deeper issues are coming up. These aren't the only readings this deck is good for, just maybe what it's best at.

I hope you've enjoyed this deck interview spread with the Oracle of Shadows and Light. Please join me for more deck interview spreads in the future!  :-)


http://www.lucycavendish.com/
http://www.strangeling.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.