Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Using Multiple Divination Tools With My Full Moon Spread

I LOVE using multiple divination tools! I find it absolutely fascinating to compare the messages I get using different tools. I just did my Fool Moon reading that I do for myself. I thought I already posted about it, but I can't see where I did. So, here's a spread that I came up with that I do on the Full Moons. It can be done any time, but I wanted something to use at the Full Moons for myself.
  • What is fading away?
  • What is present?
  • What is coming to be?
  • How can I most effectively let go/release what is fading away?
  • How can I most effectively work with what is present?
  • How can I most effectively prepare for and embrace what is coming to be?
This month I did this spread with Tarot cards. I got some excellent and very applicable answers. Sorry, it's personal, so I'm not sharing the actual reading. Then I decided to try doing the same reading with Oracle cards. It was SO interesting to see how the answers correlated. They were similar, basically like different perspectives of the same answers.

This isn't about doing reading after reading trying to get the answer(s) I'm hoping for or wanting. It's about using two different tools in the same way and seeing how the readings correlate and correspond. It doesn't matter what tools you use either. I chose Tarot and an Oracle deck. I could just as easily have chosen an Oracle deck and the Runes, etc. I write down the readings done with each tool and then compare them to each other. It's so fascinating to see how they correspond to each other. I also feel this is a form of validation. If you're using two different tools and getting similar or even the same messages with both when asking the same questions, it really validates the message you're getting and the fact that it really applies to you. On the flip side, if you use two different tools and get completely different answers, perhaps in at least one of the tools you're only seeing what you want to see. I feel doing this can help us stay honest with ourselves and be as unbiased as possible when reading for ourselves.

Have you ever done a reading using multiple divination tools? Which tools did you use? How did the readings go? Please feel free to share in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I am just in the process of starting to do readings with multiple divination tools. I started with a medicine card Moon Lodge spread, added Sacred Pathway cards and will next add a Ryder deck layer and then runes or alchemy stones. I'm enjoying it. I found two things right away. 1. The reading is the reading and it will indeed be similar. 2. The second layer was able to bring some action, but I don't know if it is the nature of the tool I used or how I read it. I'm glad I found your blog! I haven't been on my blogger account for a long time and need to revisit it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.