Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Bittersweet Changes...

I'm working through some changes in my life right now. I realized that my current favorite working Tarot deck just isn't right for helping me to work through these necessary changes. So I'm changing my focus and my primary working deck for now. It feels a bit bittersweet. The Sun and Moon Tarot has been my primary working deck for several years now. It is the very first deck that I was ever able to read intuitively. It was the deck that I learned to read the Tarot with. It was the first deck I used in reading Tarot for others. For some reason I feel like I'm moving away from an old friend. For now, I've come to realize that this deck tends to reflect back the situation or how I'm feeling about the situation. I need to work with a deck that is good at helping me see new perspectives and how to move forward.

I was drawn to three decks from my collection. The Wild Unknown, the Joie de Vivre, and The Tarot of the Magical Forest. I was having a hard time trying to decide which to use. I started by doing a 5 card reading from each deck on what I need to know right now. Then I asked each deck how it might best help me move forward and drew 6 cards. I ended up choosing 2 decks, the Joie de Vivre and the Tarot of the Magical Forest. I'm looking forward to working with these two decks, though it's a bit bittersweet.

I've placed these two decks in my "working deck" bag. My beloved Sun and Moon Tarot will be moved into the storage ottoman at the foot of the bed, with all the rest of the decks in my collection. I couldn't help but say a few kind words to this wonderful deck that has been with me every step of the way on my Tarot journey so far. I know it's an inanimate object, but this deck has helped me learn and guided me for several years. I've developed a relationship with it that can never be replaced. Rest well beloved deck. I look forward to working with you again in the future.

I've already done a deck interview spread for the Joie de Vivre deck. I will do a deck interview spread for the Tarot of the Magical Forest here shortly. My attention feels divided with this change and moving into the Halloween season and wanting to do deck interview spreads for my Halloween type decks. I'll get around to doing all of them. I'm really looking forward to this next month as we draw closer to Halloween.



https://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738714127
http://www.paulina.ws/joiedevivre/
http://www.thewildunknown.com/products/tarot-deck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.