Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

New Sparklies

Just realized it's been two weeks since I last posted. Ah, the "joys" of the ups and downs of chronic illness... So, here's what's happened since I last posted. I went to the Full Moon ritual at Sage Goddess. It was good. I also talked to a very nice lady and her daughter about stones. I have to figure out something for those rituals though as by the end I was so physically uncomfortable I could barely concentrate on the ritual meditation. I'm thinking I may need to try laying down instead of sitting.

I got two new crystal books. I love my Crystal Bible 1 and 2, but I wanted to take a look into some different perspectives on crystals and stones. I got The Crystal Healer by Phillip Permutt. It's decent. I like that it has the stones according to color. Makes it a bit easier to find a stone if you don't know the name of one. I also got The Essential Guide to Crystals, Minerals, and Stones by Margaret Ann Lembo. I really like the glossy pages for some reason. This book has quite a lot of information for each stone. It has keywords, colors, several associations including chakra, planet, number, element, astrological sign, mohs scale, emotional uses, physical uses, spiritual uses, mental uses, and divine guidance (kinda like some questions to think or journal on), along with some very basic geological information.

I have started exploring Druidry/Druidism. I have been looking for something to give me a bit more structure in my path. Wicca just isn't for me. I've looked at some of the Northern Tradition/Asatru stuff and that's just not quite right either. I decided to take a look at some stuff on Druidry since I really haven't explored that very much. I found a few things that really resonated with me. So I'm going to keep exploring. I also remembered that a friend of mine is a member of a Druid Grove, so I'm talking to her about some of this as well.

I really need to get back into a regular meditation practice daily. I've still not started back up with my shamanic journeying like I've been wanting to do either. I've been allowing myself to get distracted. So my goal is to refocus on daily spiritual practice (and blogging here). I also need to try to be doing something physically. My mom got me a low impact, low energy isometric dance video for people with chronic health problems. I've yet to even try it. I also found a seated tai chi video on youtube. So my goal is to try those with a slow and careful start. With my chronic health issues I'm incredibly sensitive to physical exertion. Even the simplest things can trigger a flare. So I plan to start with some seated movement work and see how that goes. I am doing a little better and eating some fruits and a small salad daily as a positive change with my eating habits.

My husband just got back from a work trip to New Orleans. While there, he picked out several stones for me from a store he went to.

Not the greatest picture... The largest is an Elestial Quartz. Then clockwise starting with the pink one is a Pink Lemurian, 3 forms of Prehnite, Lemon Citrine, Moonstone, Bronzite, and Howlite (center)
I just got them, so I'll update you in the future on how they feel and working with them.

That's all for now. I'll be trying to be more consistent with posting here. Hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly, if appropriate.